Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Pivot (Georgia Tech subscription)
- COS Pivot unifies global COS Funding Opportunities and Profiles. Georgia Tech subscription.
- Register on-campus to access remotely (Log in), update alerts.
- Tabs for Funding, Profiles, Papers Invited, Awards
- Funding - "Search Tips" "View Tutorial" "Take a Tour" "You Tube"
- Includes academic, commercial, federal, state, province/national and local government, multinational organization, private foundation, and professional society or association funding sponsor types.
- ProQuest Pivot LibGuide https://proquest.libguides.com/pivot Tabs for
- Pivot Funding
- Pivot Profiles
- Papers Invited
- Pivot focuses on ... the ability to identify and connect funding opportunities to researchers at their institution.
- Awarded Grants
- Connecting Funding and Research Expertise. Pivot combines the ... database of funding opportunities worth an estimated $44 billion with our unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles, drawing from Community of Scholars and Community of Science profiles.
- Papers Invited consists of detailed, comprehensive information about calls for papers with deadlines regarding forthcoming conferences and special issues of scholarly journals. These calls for papers are issued by professional bodies, journal editors, and other conference organizers in all disciplines and from all over the world. Thus, the database serves as an alerting service for researchers, scholars, and students seeking opportunities to present and publish their research.
- Users can receive alerts whenever new matching opportunities are posted that match their saved searches. Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches.
- Contact us to learn more about Pivot. Training: Pivot training videos. User Guide: Pivot starter guide
- Pivot has a proprietary algorithm that compiles pre-populated researcher profiles unique to your organization (and others) and matches them to current funding opportunities. Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
Georgia Tech Office of Sponsored Programs. Funding
U.S. Government Resources
- FedBizOpps is a list of U.S. Federal Government procurement invitations, contract awards, subcontracting leads, and foreign business opportunities published each business day. FBO.gov has been temporarily moved to beta.SAM.gov and is now known as Contract Opportunities.
- Type - Award Notice, Presolicitation, Combined Synopsis/Solicitation, etc.
- Search: "Active Documents"; "Archived Documents" (up to Last 365 Days); or "Both." Vendors and citizens may search, monitor, and retrieve opportunities. Search more than 32,300 active federal opportunities.
- Demonstration videos. User guides. FAQs
- Grants.gov. Grants.gov is designed to enable federal grant-making agencies to create funding opportunities and applicants to find and apply for these federal grants. The Grants.gov Online Help provides explanations and step-by-step instructions for both applicants and grantors to complete these processes.
- NSF - Funding, Awards
- Grants/Funding (tab) Government Information Research Guide, compiled by Patricia Kenly
- Technical research reports, federal government sponsored research reports
Foundation Center, by Candid
ECE Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Issues trying to access databases?
E-Resource Access & OpenAthens @ GeorgiaTech (accessing Georgia Tech e-resources, both on and off-campus): http://libguides.gatech.edu/accessing_eresources/info_tips
While accessing e-resources off-campus, you may notice an OpenAthens login screen. The OpenAthens screen will ask you to identify your home. Use the "Login via your institution: Other Institution Login" (box, right column of screen) then "Find your organization" or "Find your institution" to search for Georgia or Georgia Tech or Georgia Institute (Georgia Institute of Technology or Georgia Tech); the OpenAthens list may not be alphabetical. See example. From there, use the Georgia Tech login service and you will be given access to the resource.
If you see a different screen, you may need to look for sign in or login links, usually at the top; you might be asked to select your Federation, which is OpenAthens Federation or Open Athens Federation.
Learn about the Library's OpenAthens Authentication service at OpenAthens Frequently Asked Questions or OpenAthens FAQ. See other examples (Open Athens Tips and FAQs, with screen examples)
Begin at the Library home page, choosing Databases, e-Journals (electronic), or the Library Catalog. A list of all databases is at http://libguides.gatech.edu/az.php (top row "Find, Borrow, Request" - "Find Materials" "Databases" then search by database name in the search box, or search the database name alphabetically or by subject). For one-on-one quick and in-depth database search assistance: contact Bette Finn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have e-journal, e-book, or database access questions or problems, please contact email@example.com.