Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please ask us for assistance!
Contact your Subject Librarian for expert quick and in-depth reference and search assistance (with GT courses, GT dissertation/theses/project research, etc.).
Search for Theses by Georgia Tech Authors
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses - Georgia Tech Authors (up to 2012)
Electronic full-text of Georgia Tech-authored dissertations is available in the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database from 1997 to 2012, as well as for some 1950-1997 dissertations.
Doctoral students may elect to submit their dissertations to ProQuest Dissertation Abstracts for processing and distribution. Authors choosing this option may access the ProQuest Dissertation Publishing – Authors site for more information or to obtain the appropriate agreement form. Authors can also reach ProQuest Dissertation Publishing at email@example.com.
Georgia Tech Library Catalog
The Library Catalog contains records for Georgia Tech theses and dissertations. Each Library Catalog record links to the SMARTech full text record.
To search a subset of the larger Library Catalog, click on "GT Theses & Dissertions" using the "Search Scope" drop down menu
All Georgia Tech theses and dissertations are available electronically through the Georgia Tech institutional repository, SMARTech. Theses and dissertations published 2004 to the present are openly accessible. Those published prior to 2004 are available to the Georgia Tech community only, unless permission to make them openly available has been given by the author (to grant permission to release your work worldwide, contact the SMARTech Team).
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Go to ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
This database is the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997
Quick ProQuest Platform Search Hints
- Sort by Date (Most recent first) or Relevance
- Truncation character (*) asterisk - retrieves variations of the search term. Use the truncation character at the end (right-hand truncation, such as simulat*) or in the middle of search terms. Each truncated word can return up to 500 word variations.
- Standard truncation (*) retrieves variations on the search term, replacing up to 5 characters.
- Wildcard character (?) used to replace any single character, either inside or at the right end of a word.
- Quotation marks ("signal processing") for exact phrases. Enclose stop words in brackets or quotation marks "near infrared"
- Use "Recent Searches" to combine previous search statements, using Boolean operators.
- Combine previous search statements. Examples: (1 AND 3) OR (1 AND 2)
3 AND detect* (1 OR 2) AND (3 OR model*)
- Use nested (with parenthesis) Boolean operators to combine terms
- OR -- To broaden a search; allow for variant spellings; results include any specified term
- simulat* OR model* OR mathemat* OR algorithm* [every record contains at least one of these four terms]
- AND -- To narrow the scope of a search; results contain all specified terms
- radar AND countermeasure* [both terms must be contained in every record]
- NOT -- To eliminate terms (or search statements) from a search
- Proximity operators:
- near/# (within # words, in any order)
- pre/# (within # words, in this exact order)
- Field qualifiers: limit to a specific field, such as author -- AU(Smith), or to multiple fields at one time, such as TI,SU,AB(robot* and wireless*) for restricting keywords to title, subject and abstract fields. Can limit to fields using Advanced Search drop down menus.
- "Anywhere except full text" (drop down menu) or use NOFT as a field code, such as NOFT(laser pre/3 diode). NOFT - does not search the full text field.
- Change "Display" -- "results per page" to 100
- Register (free) to Save search queries, records, or set up automatic Alerts. One search statement line is saved.
- Multiple ProQuest databases can be searched simultaneously. Top row "Change databases" ; check the boxes of relevant databases; "Use selected databases"
- Email, Print, Download marked records. Can download to EndNote, text, RTF, etc.
Other GT Databases and Guides
ProQuest Research Guides and Search Tips
Product Education. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses