Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please ask us for assistance!
Contact your Subject Librarian for expert quick and in-depth reference and search assistance (with GT courses, GT dissertation/theses/project research, etc.).
ProQuest Military Database
Go to the ProQuest Military Database!
The Military Database provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more. Military Database covers topics across all government and military branches, including international relations, political science, criminology, defense, aeronautics and space flight, communications, civil engineering, and more. It includes around 550 titles, with more than 400 available in full-text. ProQuest LibGuide
Quick ProQuest Search Hints
- Sort by Date (Most recent first) or Relevance
- Truncation character (*) asterisk - retrieves variations of the search term. Use the truncation character at the end (right-hand truncation, such as simulat*) or in the middle of search terms. Each truncated word can return up to 500 word variations.
- Standard truncation (*) retrieves variations on the search term, replacing up to 5 characters.
- Wildcard character (?) used to replace any single character, either inside or at the right end of a word.
- Quotation marks ("signal processing") for exact phrases. Enclose stop words in brackets or quotation marks "near infrared"
- Use "Recent Searches" to combine previous search statements, using Boolean operators.
- Combine previous search statements. Examples: (1 AND 3) OR (1 AND 2)
3 AND detect* (1 OR 2) AND (3 OR model*)
- Use nested (with parenthesis) Boolean operators to combine terms
- OR -- To broaden a search; allow for variant spellings; results include any specified term
- simulat* OR model* OR mathemat* OR algorithm* [every record contains at least one of these four terms]
- AND -- To narrow the scope of a search; results contain all specified terms
- radar AND countermeasure* [both terms must be contained in every record]
- NOT -- To eliminate terms (or search statements) from a search
- Proximity operators:
- near/# (within # words, in any order)
- pre/# (within # words, in this exact order)
- Field qualifiers: limit to a specific field, such as author -- AU(Smith), or to multiple fields at one time, such as TI,SU,AB(robot* and wireless*) for restricting keywords to title, subject and abstract fields. Can limit to fields using Advanced Search drop down menus.
- "Anywhere except full text" (drop down menu) or use NOFT as a field code, such as NOFT(laser pre/3 diode). NOFT - does not search the full text field.
- Change "Display" -- "results per page" to 100
- Register (free) to Save search queries, records, or set up automatic Alerts. One search statement line is saved.
- Multiple ProQuest databases can be searched simultaneously. Top row "Change databases" ; check the boxes of relevant databases; "Use selected databases"
- Email, Print, Download marked records. Can download to EndNote, text, RTF, etc.
ProQuest Research Guides and Search Tips
Other GT Databases and Guides