Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- SimplyAnalytics - easily create custom maps. Also has consumer information from EASI/Mediamark Research (MRI).. [note: previous name was SimplyMap]
- Social Explorer - Library has 1 seat license; please logout when finished.
Free databases - U.S. government or state governments or from state library consortium
- QuickFacts - Key data for each county (and major cities). From the Census Bureau. Default view is of US. Select the state or county or city or zip code, and then wait until screen refreshes - new tables of your geography will be included
- Applinks - Easy and quick to use, with geographies including census tracts, zip codes, and block groups. Also has 2000 and 1990 Census data. When a geography is selected, click "Data Sources for area". From Missouri Census Data Center.
- Data.Census.Gov - Official Census Bureau tool to find statistics (replaced American Factfinder, March 2020).
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - Numerous statistics for business use are included in this general collection of statistics (formerly issued annually from the Census Bureau, now from ProQuest - statewide GALILEO consortia subscription).
Census and Demographics, 2000-2006
Commercial database; uses easy interface of old Census website (drill-down). Library has one seat license.
For states or cities. In the search box for a state, can enter city name. In pdf format. For the 2000 Census.
Community Sourcebook of County Demographics (REFERENCE HA203. S65x 2006)
Core statistics for each county - population change (& forecast); # households (& forecast); population composition (median age, age distribution, race); spending potential indices. From ESRI.
Community Sourcebook of ZIP Code Demographics (REFERENCE HA203.S65x 2006)
Uses segmentation - Community Tapestry. Core statistics - population change (& forecast), # households (& forecast); population composition (median age, age distribution, race); spending potential. From ESRI.
Demographics USA. County edition
HF3001 .S26X. Basic demographics. Uses BPI (Buying Power Index) and EBI (Effective Buying Income). Includes population density; # households; population composition; age distribution. From Nielsen Claritas. 2008 edition is at Library Services Desk. 2008 (older editions also held: 1994, 1998-2002, 2004-07).
Demographics USA. Zip edition
HF3001 .S263. By zip code. Basic demographics. Includes population density (& forecast); # households; population composition; age distribution; median household EBI (Effective Buying Income). From Nielsen Claritas. 2008 ed. is at Library Services Desk (older editions also held: 1994, 1998-2002, 2004-07).