Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ebooks = access to over 900,000 books from anywhere, anytime
Guides to some of the more popular ebook collections.
With a focus on engineering and scientific references, the collection contains over 800 books. Subject areas include chemistry and plastics, materials science, environmental science, microelectronics materials, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, chemical engineering, systems engineering, food sciences, and mechanical engineering.
What you need to know:
- Account required to download or checkout an ebook - Ebscohost Ebooks & Ebook Central.
- For Ebsco, any e-mail address can be used to create the account; it is independent of logging into GA Tech.
- This will also let you use added features such as adding to a bookshelf, highlighting text, adding notes, saving a search, etc.
- For Ebook Central your account is tied to your GA Tech account. Simply select Georgia Institute of Technology from the list of Open Athens institutions.
- Once you login via GA Tech, you will be able to use all of the features and functionality of Ebook Central.
- If you previously created an Ebrary account, the bookshelf items can be moved to Ebook Central. Click on the Bookshelf icon --This will pop up a dialog to move items from your Ebrary bookshelf to Ebook Central.
- Adobe Digital Editions will more than likely be required to read ebooks outside of the ebook collection.
- This is not the same as Adobe Reader. Some books are available in other formats, such as ePub, which may or may not require specific software for viewing.
- There may be limited users.
- While many of our ebook collections offer unlimited access, some collections (Ebscohost Ebooks and Ebook Central) have limited user titles. If someone else is using a title with limited access, you may not be able to access the book at that time. Try again at another time.
Ebooks at GA Tech
Ebook collections @ GA Tech: