Any external links provided are for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Georgia Tech Library of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Georgia Tech Library bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content. (disclaimer adapted from The Library of Congress)
GT Library assumes no liability for misuse of borrowed equipment.
The GT Libraries disclaim all warranties, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The GT library shall not be liable to a user or any other person for any loss or damage of any kind related to configuration and operation of any equipment, including but not limited to, out-of-pocket expenses, consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of use, emotional stress, physical injury, or damage to software or hardware. (disclaimer adapted from Middlebury College)
- Unless otherwise noted, all items are 4 hour or 2 day, out-of-building checkouts. Due to high demand and limited supply, laptops are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Laptops circulate for 4 hours at a time. Renewals are often allowed, but they are predicated on availability. You must check with Public Services for any equipment renewal.
- Overdue fines for equipment with a 4 hour loan period may be assessed at a rate of $1 per hour.
- Laptops, Camcorders and accessories, Cameras and accessories, Audio Equipment, and iPads are subject to higher daily overdue rates, up to the replacement cost of the item.
- Items are inspected upon checkout and return. An item is expected to be returned in the same condition in which it was loaned.
- Failure to return equipment on time will result in registration blocks, fines, suspension of gadget borrowing privileges, or billing for the replacement cost of the item.
The Library assumes no liability for misuse of borrowed equipment.
For questions related to fines, holds, or account blocks, please contact email@example.com.
Rates are quoted based on the price paid for the item, though the Public Services Department reserves the discretion to modify these rates. Replacement of equipment will also be subject to a $20 processing fee.