Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selected Handbooks and Encyclopedias
A very large number of print and electronic handbooks and other reference sources are listed in the Georgia Tech Library Catalog.
Knovel Handbooks. Subject areas include chemistry and plastics, materials science, environmental science, microelectronics materials, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, chemical engineering, systems engineering, food sciences, and mechanical engineering. Can click on "My Subscription"
Taylor & Francis, Engineering and Technology Collection. "Filter By" or "Browse by Subject" (formerly ENGnetBase)
Check box for "Show content I have access to" ("Filter By"). EngNetBase/CRCNetBase is no longer a stand-alone platform, but you can refine your search within the Taylor & Francis Engineering and Technology Collection. "Browse by Subject"
AccessEngineering McGraw-Hill handbooks. See also Knovel and Taylor & Francis
McGraw-Hill engineering handbooks. See also ENGnetBase (Taylor & Francis) and Knovel (listed above)
AccessScience contains reference material (articles, videos, biographies, images) covering all major scientific disciplines, with links to primary research material, videos and exclusive animations, plus specially designed curriculum maps for faculty. It includes more than 8700 articles covering all major scientific disciplines and encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and former McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science and Technology.
ASM Handbooks Online features the complete content of twenty ASM Handbook volumes plus two ASM Desk Editions. ASM International, the Materials Information Society
Catalog (Georgia Tech Library)
The Georgia Tech Library Catalog includes a very large number of handbooks and reference books, both print and electronic. Ask for help!
Encyclopedia of Electrochemical Power Sources (Elsevier)
The Encyclopedia of Electrochemical Power Sources is an interdisciplinary reference for those working with batteries, fuel cells, electrolyzers, supercapacitors, and photo-electrochemical cells.
With a focus on the environmental and economic impact of electrochemical power sources, this work consolidates coverage of the field and serves as an entry point to the literature for professionals and students alike.
Safari Books Online.
A collection of technical e-books in computer science and information technology, including programming languages, operating systems, software applications, and much more from O'Reilly and Pearson Technology Associates
Selected other sources: "Find, Borrow, Request" -- "Find Materials" -- "Databases" (top row, drop down menu)
Database lists for additional selected handbooks: A ; C ; D ; E ; G ; K ; N ; O ; R ; S ; T ; W
- Selected other reference sources: "Find, Borrow, Request" -- "Find Materials" -- "Databases" Top row, middle drop-down menu - by Database Type (such as ebooks, directory, encyclopedia, statistics
A large number of electronic and print reference resources are listed in the Library's Catalog. Examples include the Columbia Encyclopedia, the Oxford English Dictionary, Encyclopedia of Energy, Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences, Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics, Encyclopedia of Hydrological Sciences, Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, Encyclopedia of Mathematical Physics, Gale Directory, Gale Virtual Reference Library, Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology (Wiley), Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Encyclopedia of Statistics in Quality and Reliability (Wiley), Encyclopedia of Sustainable Technologies (Elsevier), THERMOPEDIA (heat and mass transfer, fluid flow, thermodynamics and energy), World Scientific Encyclopedia of Nanomedicine and Bioengineering Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3. Encyclopedia of Toxicology, New Georgia Encyclopedia, Dictionary of Substances and their Effects (DOSE), and many others.
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. Covers all aspects of chemical technology. Includes articles on properties, manufacturing, and uses of chemical substances and materials, industrial processes and unit operations, along with scientific principles and insights into current research related to the field. Addresses such aspects as economic, health and safety factors, standards, specifications and environmental concerns
CHEMnetBASE is a collection of chemistry databases from CRC Press: Handbook of Chemistry and Physics; Combined Chemical Dictionary; Dictionary of Natural Products; Dictionary of Organic Compounds; Dictionary of Drugs; Dictionary of Inorganic and Organometallic Compounds; Dictionary of Commonly Cited Compounds; Dictionary of Marine Natural Products; Dictionary of Food Compounds;Dictionary of Carbohydrates; Polymers: A Property Database; Properties of Organic Compounds
- Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology. Information about polymers, plastics, fibers, biomaterials, elastomers, and polymerization processes.
- Springer Materials (Landolt-Börnstein). Excellent resource for physical and chemical data in materials science: substances & material systems; properties; literature citations.
- Reaxys. The Reaxys database replaces both Beilstein and Gmelin CrossFire as the source of experimentally validated chemistry data. Organic and inorganic chemistry handbooks.
- SciFinder (Chemical Abstracts; CAS React)